Sunday, April 10, 2016

Sod House Curtain Volunteers

The sod house on the grounds of Prairie Museum of Art and History has new curtains. Thanks to the sister team of Doris Imhof Johnson and Carol Thiel for volunteering to make the curtains. Dedicated volunteers are one of our greatest assets.

(Click image to enlarge.)
Doris Imhof Johnson

Carol Thiel




The Thomas County Historical Society & Prairie Museum of Art and History offers many opportunities to volunteer. Some tasks can even be done at home such as the sod house curtain project. Volunteering is easy. Just stop in and visit with museum director, Chris Griffin; call 785-460-4590; or email prairiem@st-tel.net 
 Chris will do her best to match projects with your interests, ability, and time available.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Folks,
    I would like to greet all of you and thank you for this nice website. I learned a lot about living in the prairie.
    I would also like to greet Mrs. Doris Imhof Johnson, who was my "visiting sister" 50 years ago when she went to the Philippines as an International Farm Youth Exchange Ambassador! Hello, Doris!
    I love your book "Philippine Experiences of a Kansas Farm Girl" and reminisce a lot about your visit with us in Mindanao Island! What a surprise when I found your story and saw your picture with my Dad and Mom (Dr. and Mrs. Roberto Datiles) in the book!
    I am now an eye physician-surgeon, a research scientist at the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, MD as well as a professor of Ophthalmology at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine in Baltimore, and married a lawyer, with whom I have 6 kids (doctors and lawyers too!)! I have lived in the Washington DC area for 35 years! My sister Cherry lives 5 minutes away and is an FDA officer!
    Here is a link to my family's story: http://efocalpoint.pao.org.ph/v7n1/index.php?route=pavblog/blog&id=24
    Love, Dr. Manuel ("Nonong") Datiles III (Email: datilesm@nei.nih.gov or mbdatiles3@jhmi.edu; or mbdatiles@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete